The InSite Solution
InSite Remote Dispensing is changing the way medication are dispensed in Long-term Care Facilities. The InSite System places a secure, automated remote dispensing unit at the long-term care facility. Medications are on-hand and accessible to nurses 24/7 for improved quailtiy of care. The process is automated, accurate, and can package pharmacist-approved medications before each medication pass, or on-demand to facilitate new residents, first doses, STAT orders, and PRNS.
Eliminates waste & Saves Time
InSite can Virtually eliminate medication waste by dramatically reducing or eliminating the need to create time-consuming, waste-prone blister packs. The average inSite canister holds about 300 doses, and can be filled and processing about the same time it takes to create a single 30-day card.
InSite enables automated and accurate dispensing:
- Medications are dispensed only as needed, in patient specific multi-dose packets.
- Changes in prescribed medications or patient residency will no longer produce unused blister cards that need to be destroyed or returned.
- It reduces the number of medication deliveries and expensive special courier runs required.
- InSite can provide inventory and dispensing information for down-to-the-dose accountability.
With InSite, medication orders are transmitted to he pharmacist for clinical review. After approval, the medications are immediately available at the long-term care facility and dispensed from the Insite Remote Dispensing Unit with patient-specific packaging.
InSite gives your staff the time to preform other tasks:
- Can Eliminate blister pack-related storage, access, and inventory management concerns.
- Dramatically reduces the time needed to prepare for scheduled medication passes.
- Eliminates the need to preform time-consuming narcotics counts.
- Works with existing information systems, basing its automated inventory replenishment requests on actual medical useage.
Improves Patient Safety
InSite enables faster first doses, STAT ordersm adn accurate timely medication passes. The InSite Remote Dispensing System stores up to 240 different medications types in a single, remote dispensing unit. It provides automated, on-demand compliance packaging for oral solid medications prior to administration.
InSite is a secure system, ensuring medication accuracy:
- Before delievery, each canister is filled, security sealed, checked and signed by the pharmacist
- Allows automatic inventory monitoring and lot and expiration tracking
- Supports an Automatic Canister Recognition System for added safety
- Restricts access to stored medications with password-protection and locking metal doors
- Packages up to 60 doses per minute with a broad variety of sorting options.
- Enables additional nursing time for patient safety issues such as fall-prevention.